Saturday, September 27, 2008

Oh, the joys of motherhood

Is is just me or is just when you think you have the potty-training thing all done, it backfires on you??? I thought we were doing great. Finnely has been going potty really well for a couple of months now but the poopy part only since her b-day. What a good day that was, her b-day, she is feeling all brave she went poop ALL BY HERSELF!!!! (she did ask daddy for help getting Greyson out of the bathroom, that's his favorite room) Ever since her birthday and she finally figured out it is no fun to have poop on your butt, she has gone in the toilet. For whatever reason today, she has decided that she doesn't need to do either in the toilet, instead on the floor. I was smart (for once) to put a pull-up on her after she peed on the computer room floor and I was not in the mood for another accident. Especially since the bathroom is 5 feet anyway, she was just being lazy. This unacceptible for me. Accidents happen, this I completely understand, but to just not go just because. Not happening in my house! Is that wrong?? Anyway, she had the pull-up on maybe a 1/2 hour and she comes to me with no clothes on again. She had pooped, in way, I was crabby at her for not going in the toilet, but on the other hand at least she went in the pull-up right?? No, she didn't like it on so she walked down the steps, and all over the house with poop on her bottom and up her back, with no pull-up in sight. I was not happy! Where was the pull-up, yep you guessed it, on the floor! What is the fascination with letting it go wherever you are at the time?? This is my least favorite part of Motherhood...potty-training. I could change diapers all day (not that I want to) but I could. It's the learning part, I am not patient about. You'd think this being my 3rd child, I would be used to it by now, No, I'm not. It is still frustrating. Anybody got any brilliant ideas, please share!

On a completely different note, I need to share one of my flaws. I hate to clean. I love when the house is clean, it's the actual work, I don't like. I'm lazy, I guess. I'm talking about my room. It is the catch all room, baskets of clean (at least it's clean) laundry, most of it isn't folded just getting more wrinkled by the day. I counted the baskets, 6 baskets. That is crazy. The bathroom (aka unfinished laundry room, someday) floor is covered with dirty clothes. I have procrastinated so long, the pile is HUGE! I can accept my flaw of hating to do laundry but the problem is I am rubbing off on my daughter. Her job today is to clean her room. (I would be happy for a path to walk through) How can I possibly make her to do the same thing, I am avoiding doing myself??? Call me a hypocrite, I know. Why is so hard for accept the same flaw in my daughter, when I taught it to her?

On a somewhat cheerier note, I am excited to go to my parents house in a couple of weeks. They live about 6 hours north of me and I haven't been "home" since Christmas. This is the longest I have been away, ever! We were supposed to go visit a couple of weeks ago, but with the house flipping deadline, we weren't able to go. Now the house is on hold for a little while, (hopefully not very while, anyone needing a house in Wapello?) we have decided it is time for a little vacation. I am so excited!! I have 6 neices and 2 nephews, whom I miss so much. My parents even got us a web cam recently so we will be able to see each other. It is not the same as in person though so I am praying that nothing tramatic happens to derail the trip.

Well, I am off to attempt to get out the fall decorations, not really feeling this year. I guess since it has been 80 degrees outside for the last week , it makes it hard to want to put up pumpkins and scarecrows. Everything is stored in the crawl space that we had water in a couple of weekends ago, so hopefully everything is still in good condition. It is all stored in tubs, but you never know. Ok, enough procrastinating......Later blog world!



2 comments:

shainapearce.com said...

I am the EXACT Same way about housework. ESPECIALLY the laundry. }shudder{ I loathe it.

Mouseymom said...

hi!
I have enjoyed getting to know you a bit through your blog! Its like cyber church!